Arenal Volcano 3 Days 2 Nights
The most active volcano in Costa Rica, Arenal, was originally considered to be a mountain until a significant eruption in 1968 killed almost 100 people and hundreds of livestock. Since then, the volcano has become a symbol of Costa Rica thanks to its near perfect conical shape, lush rainforest, and predictable lava spurts that occur every 47 minutes. The volcano is situated beside Lake Arenal, an artificial body of water surrounded by a winding road that offers some of the most fantastic views in the entire country. At night, when the clouds part, is possible to see lava spewing from Arenal’s crater – followed by the boulders that tumble down the mountainside in its wake. Numerous hotels like Tabacon and The Springs make use of natural thermal waters that spring from the volcano to create beautiful pools of varied temperatures for visitors to bathe in.
Arenal Volcano is in Top 20 of Active Volcanoes.
Arenal Volcano is one of the most visited place in Costa Rica. There are a number of lodgings with spectacular views and also many less expensive hotels in the village of La Fortuna 6.5 km N.E. of the volcano. Volcanologists from the Observatorio Vulcanologico y Sismologico de Costa Rica and the Universidad Nacional, amongst others, are cons
tantly monitoring the activity of the volcano. There are places to stay farther from the crater for those who are concerned about being so near an admittedly worrisome force. To see lava is an awesome experience! This is a place worthy to visit and statistically not very dangerous. There is a lot of information on this area so form your own opinion.
Check our package for Arenal volcano.
Arenal 3 Days 2 Nights
Day 1 San Jose – Arenal
- Pick up at the lobby of your hotel for your shuttle to Arenal area (breakfast not included).
- Check in at the hotel. Afternoon to explore the area and to admire the volcano
- Evening visit to Baldí hot springs for a swim: the facilities provide 25 pools of the most thermal mineral waters in the world, that flow naturally directly from the volcano and its medicinal waters have been certified by the Costa Rica University Geology School. Relax into the thermal springs and enjoy the magnificent view of the volcano. Dinner will be at a local restaurant.
- Accommodation at Hotel Montaña de Fuego (or similar).
Day 2 Arenal – Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Breakfast at the hotel. Then full day activity in the Caño Negro area: Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge is one of the most important wetland regions in Central America, considered of international importance as it protects a great number of endangered migratory species of birds and other animals like the anhinga, roseate spoonbill, and wood stork- turtles, caiman, sloth and monkeys.
- Montaña de Fuego Hotel (or similar).
Day 3 Arenal – San Jose
- Breakfast at the hotel and shuttle from the Arenal area back to San José
End our of services !
Rates per person in US dollars based on 2 participants minimum
|Single supplement||Double occupancy/p person||Triple occupancy/p person|
- 2 night accommodation on Suite room at Montaña de Fuego Hotel or similar in Arenal
- Hotel taxes included: 13% sales
Transportation and tours
- Shuttle service* from San Jose to Arenal
- Arenal Volcano Hike & Hot Springs
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Shuttle service* from Arenal to San Jose
*Pick ups and drop offs for the shuttles are done in most hotels in San Jose.
- Day 01: Dinner
- Day 02: Breakfast – Lunch
- Day 03: Breakfast
- Meal taxes included: 13% sales
PACKAGE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Activities or meals not indicated, soft drinks or alcoholic drinks during meals, etc, Subject to change without notice), gratuities for maids at hotels, guides, etc.