Bird watching in Costa Rica
11 days birding in the Pacific Cost & rainforest
For avid birdwatchers, we provide bird specialist trips upon request to the best spots in the southern zone of Costa Rica.
The best spots for the hard-to-find species and can easily identify species by both sight and sound. Our guides are costarican local expert who has been spotting since 2002, estimates 90 species (couple hours during the early morning).we, organize excursions of bird watching during all year around Costa Rica, the best period of emigrations October to November, more that 5 millions of birds crossing from North America to South America. The Nature Landing Magazine in the edition June 2006 recommend to travel to this biological bay of Puerto Jimenez highlights spots of wildlife.
On the Day one, we will pick you up in the airport in Alajuela, you adventure starts at the hotel Los Huetares in Atenas, multicolored plateau in the Central Valley, with the secrets of Costa Rican rural culture in its small towns and villages, you can spot from your backyard more 30 species of the birds, in couple’s hours, overnight Los Huetares at Atenas.
On day two, you will head for the famous San Gerardo De Dota cloud Forest, when you can hike in the forest looking the quetzals and other birds. Overnight. Dantica Lodge or Trogon Lodge.
On the Day three, Enjoy the land of quetzals and the cloud forest of San Gerardo de Dota, one of the richest cloud forest in the world; you will see its renowned resident, the Quetzal. Overnight: Manantial Lodge or Similar.
On the Day four, the adventure continue driving 4 hours down to the southern pacific region, are for an unforgettable trip along the coast and forest to the serene Golfo Dulce and the Osa Peninsula, one the most biologically diverse regions of the world. Keep your eyes and ears open to find howler monkeys, toucans, scarlet macaws and sloths, in this area you will explore more that 450 species of birds around this area. Overnight: Neotropica Center.
On this Day five, Carate – Osa Peninsula- on this day you will hike in the Osa Peninsula Rainforest looking for the endemic birds. Overnight: Luna Lodge.
On this Day six, Carate-Corcovado sector la Leona. You can explore the famous Corcovado National Park rich in abundance wildlife. Overnight: Luna Lodge.
On this Day seven, Golfo Dulce, Golfito, Dominical. On day six a boat takes you down to the mangrove forest of the Golfo Dulce for couple’s hours to see teeming of birds. Overnight: Cabañas Hacienda Baru in dominical.
On this Day eighth, you will enjoy the rainforest of the Hacienda Barú National Wildlife Refuge &amp; Lodge is situated on the Southern Pacific Coast, of Dominical. This is a region of distinct natural beauty where forest covered mountains rise up from the dramatic Pacific coastline. We continue to the Pacific Central. Overnight. Hacienda Baru Lodge.
On this Day night Carara National Park, on this day you will hike the trails in the dry forest, visit the lagoon and great views. Carara is
a favorite with bird watchers for several reasons besides its ease of access. Overnight. Hotel Carara, just 4 kms from the Park.
On this Day ten, you will be transferred from Hotel Cara to the Hotel Huetares in Atenas. Overnight Hotel Huetares.
On this Day eleven, Transfer to the international airport for your return flight or other destination in Costa Rica.
Details of Trip:
- 2 Nights Lodging Hotel Huetares, Atenas.
- 2 Nights Lodging Hotel Manantial, Cloud Forest.
- 1 Night Neotropica Center, in the Middle of Jungle.
- 2 Nights Luna Lodge, in Corcovado.
- 1 Night hacienda Baru Lodge, Dominical.
- 1 Night Lodging Hotel Carara.
- All transfers, private services 11 days.
- Some meals are included daily in the program.
- Tour Size:Minimum 2 to 4 participants.
- This tour will be limited to 8 participants.
- Financial Arrangements:
- Tour Registration:
- To register for this tour, please contact us for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deposit this tour is usd$400 per person.
- The full payment of the tour fee is due 45 days prior to the tour departure.
- Cancellation Policy:
- Refunds are made according to the following schedule: if cancellation is made 44 days or more before the tour departure date, the deposit less usd$200 per person is not refundable.
- If cancellation is made fewer than 45 days before departure date, no refund is available.
- We strongly recommend the purchase of the trip cancellation insurance to protect yourself.
|March 01st 10th||2014||2-4Pax|| Rates
|March 20th 30th||2014||2-4Pax|
|April 05th -15th||2014||2-4Pax|
|Apr22th 01st May||2014||2-4Pax|
|Nov 25th 10th||2013||2-4Pax|
|Dec 27th 06th||2013||2-4Pax|